- I want to feel like I am confident with the image of my present self. This means I am able to express my present self to its fullest form with confidence, regardless of the weaknesses that I am aware of
- I want to give myself advice and hope that I follow them. I want to recruit myself as my therapist, mentor and sponsor
- I want to be social. To make meaningful relationships with the people. These people have to make one part of my life better by their association.
- I want to reflect on yesterday. To identify items that I could use as goals for today
- When I am responsible for people, I want to be honest with them, speak truth that will propel them forward regardless of how I feel
- I want to change things that are directly within my control regardless of how hard they seem before setting out to change things in others
- I want to decide on what is meaningful and rewire my reward circuits to feast on them
- I want to speak my truth always
- I want to listen more to people. This means that I kill the idea of zodiac and personality preselection in my mind, and really look outward rather than inward
- I want to be eloquent in my speech. This means that I tell the surrounding story even if I choose to hit the nail on the head. More practically, describing the nail, the head and the hammer
- When people take risks, I want to be able to leave them alone, even when I am inclined to feel like their actions are reckless with unintended consequences
- I want to appreciate the things around me: from beauty and art to success and effort so that I am comfortable when people attribute these to me.
Subscribe to Tomiwa Ijaware's Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox